- 56 miles, 2150 feet of climbing
Temperature – The temperature at the start should be in the low-70’s, climbing to the low/mid-80’s by the end of the ride.
Winds – Winds are forecast to be from the SW at 5-10 mph.
Precipitation – There is a small chance of rain in the morning. If it’s really wet, the ride will be cancelled. If the roads are just a little damp, the ride will likely be a “go”.
Corwin – Rest area by the bike path at the 24 mile point.
Bellbrook – Gas station at about the 48 mile point. This stop will be later in the ride if the route is extended.
- Expect a mid-B pace with an average speed of 16.5-17 mph, though recent rides have been closer to 17 mph.
- Your tri-bike or bike with aerobars is welcome; however, use of aerobars in the group is not welcome and is a violation of Dayton Cycling Club policy.
- Your bike must have brakes. If you have a fixie with no brakes, you shouldn't bring that bike out on a group ride.
- DCC Policy forbids riding with headphones.
Arrive 15 minutes early and be ready to leave promptly at 8:30 am.